Welcome to Tickled Tastebuds! This page will feature a variety of recipes that includes appetizers, desserts, and everything in between. You will probably find that, as time passes and we have built more of a substantial basis here, we have a bit of a sweet tooth that is always aching to be satisfied. Dessert is definitely my favorite part of most meals, and after seeing some of our recipes, it might be yours, too, if it isn't already! With three small children at home, all of whom seem to have very Picky Tastebuds, we strive to make the majority of our recipes family-friendly, as well. Thanks for visiting us-enjoy!







Friday, February 24, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Bread

I have a confession to make... 


Sometimes, my baked creations are far from beautiful... Sometimes, they fall short, leaving me with concave cupcakes and M-shaped loaves of bread. Don't get me wrong, they still taste as beautiful as they SHOULD look, but I am really striving to improve the end quality of my food's appearance. 


Not always easy at 7,220 feet above sea level. The altitude here plays a HUGE factor in my baking, and even sometimes in my cooking, since everything from boiling temperatures to necessary amounts of leavening agents and everything in between is affected by living in the mountainous region of good, old Wyoming. 


With that said, I am still contemplating "forgetting" to include a picture with this post, as this apple-y, cinnamon-y, goodness I like to refer to as bread really looks nothing like a picturesque loaf, just beckoning you to devour it. I will decide and keep you posted...  :-) 


Picture or no picture, I assure you, you really need to try this bread. Make it for a special Saturday evening snack, or, dare I suggest, Sunday morning breakfast. 


I am constantly finding new blogs to adore and idolize, seeing all sorts of pages displaying everything I aspire to be as a food blogger. Two Peas and Their Pod is no exception. That is how I came across this divine-looking recipe, and lucky for me, I had everything I needed to make it on hand.


Here is what you will need:


Apple Cinnamon Bread (recipe slightly adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod)


- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla 
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups chopped apples, skins removed
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tbsp. white sugar, and 1 tsp. cinnamon for topping 


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare an 8"x4" bread loaf pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda and baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Set aside.

In a separate medium bowl, combine the eggs, canola oil, cinnamon applesauce, vanilla, and sugar, whisking well until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chopped apples, then slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.

Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

This bread is moist and really packs a BIG cinnamon punch. If you love cinnamon as much as I do, this recipe will surely please your palate. The cloves really add a hint of essential flavor, but serve more to give the cinnamon flavor an even bigger boost. The chunks of apple add just the right amount of crunch for a nice textural contrast, and they are a sweet surprise when you bite into one in the midst of your moist, cinnamon-y bread.

What is your all-time favorite sweet bread to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment