Welcome to Tickled Tastebuds! This page will feature a variety of recipes that includes appetizers, desserts, and everything in between. You will probably find that, as time passes and we have built more of a substantial basis here, we have a bit of a sweet tooth that is always aching to be satisfied. Dessert is definitely my favorite part of most meals, and after seeing some of our recipes, it might be yours, too, if it isn't already! With three small children at home, all of whom seem to have very Picky Tastebuds, we strive to make the majority of our recipes family-friendly, as well. Thanks for visiting us-enjoy!







Friday, January 13, 2012

For Granola Fans Like Me....

I. Love. Granola. I love granola bars. I love granola in yogurt. I love granola with fruit. I love granola on ice cream. I love how the more times I type granola, the more it starts to seem as if it really isn't a word... Anyone else ever have that happen? I get it a lot with purple, too, although, I must say I don't really type purple often...weird.

Anyways... IF you enjoy granola as much as I do, I HIGHLY suggest that you try making your own. It is quick and easy and so adaptable that you can put your favorite ingredients in it and the outcome will still be delicious and nutritious! Granola is definitely a staple for me, and my family really enjoys it, too! I only recently made it from scratch for the first time at home, but I am eagerly looking forward to playing around with all of the different possibilities that are out there, infinite as they may be!

Eventually, I will share my own granola recipe with you, but for now, I want to share with you a few other sites that have granola recipes that I think look positively delicious and will more than likely be trying out myself!

From the ever beloved Food Network, Alton Brown offers his recipe for tasty, homemade granola.
At  http://www.cookiemadness.net/category/granola-recipes/ , you will find several different granola recipe variations all in one place. How handy is that! 

From one of my personal favorite bloggers comes a recipe for Cherry Chocolate Coconut Granola. How delicious does that sound? Thinking this might be a fun Valentine's Day treat to put in little bags for coworkers instead of the normal assortment of sweets with little-to-no nutritional benefit? Maybe... http://annies-eats.com/2012/01/09/cherry-chocolate-coconut-granola/  

And finally, from another of my favorite food bloggers, is a Granola Cookie recipe, which the Brown Eyed Baker describes as "genius." Be sure to check these out!
Try some of these out and come back and let me know what you think! I would love to hear how your experience with making granola goes, and as mentioned before, I will share my own recipe with you soon! Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment